Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us!
About the Role
As the Partner Manager for Europe you will need to move fast and cultivate relationships. In this role you will be responsible for successfully signing & executing partnerships with key brand clients. This role is a unique combination of media sales and business development. You will also:
- Bring with you your experience and established relationships with athletic brands and business partners
- Work with team to define the overall approach for specific regions and/or verticals in Europe; develop work plans, and create compelling sales propositions utilizing internal and external data
- Conceptualize ways to bring market awareness to clients about business opportunities at Strava
- Access and communicate client needs to the internal team to help us keep innovating & releasing products that create athlete & business success
- Analyze success metrics to build reporting & powerful case studies
- Know Strava’s business products & value proposition to businesses like the back of your hand, and use this to craft a pitch that resonates with them and fills their needs
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Negotiate deals and produce “win-win” partnerships
You are extremely organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment. Other requirements include:
- Proven track record of working with & achieving quotas
- Great negotiation and relationship development skills
- A knack for keeping “eyes on the prize” - constant knowledge of where we are in relationship to goal
- Strong Salesforce or CRM experience
- Complete comfort in public presentation, great persuasion skills and charisma
- Proficiency in data analytics systems like Looker or Tableau
- Experience in a digital partnership environment
- Exceptional written and oral skills - especially when it comes to reading the client relationship and tailoring communications to deliver the appropriate message and tone
- Strong existing relationships in the industry - Experience in working with sports, lifestyle, and nutrition clientele
- Experience in partnering & engaging with senior level executives
- Ability to think on your feet, perform quick math calculations for pricing and value exchanges
- Creative mind & ability to come up with innovative and interesting campaign themes
- Added bonus: depth of experience and knowledge in selling specific native, non-advertising partnership executions (think anything natively built in to the product, but not banner ads)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.