About this Role
Millions of people are motivated by Strava every day. Our goal is to be the home of their athletic lives, capturing their activities, inspiring them every day, and making every activity count.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join our growing team in Denver. In this role, you will expand and improve upon our Android application and help shape the future of mobile at Strava. This is a full-time position at our Denver, CO office.
As a product engineer at Strava, you will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, researchers, data analysts, and other engineers. We'd love to talk to you about the future of Engineering at Strava and your role in it. Please take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we’re doing.
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava’s datasets.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional native Android development experience, ideally working on consumer facing apps
- Extensive knowledge in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with best practices for coding, testing, documentation and agile process standards and a track record for producing well tested and well-documented code that can be understood by other engineers
- Comfortable identifying and solving software issues using tools like the Android Profiler and adb
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks and proactively attempts to resolve issues when they arise
- A strong understanding of the Android framework and how to use it to create beautiful user interfaces that are dynamic and responsive
- Experience developing with RxJava
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.