We are looking for an engineering intern to expand our Android application. The ideal candidate has a passion for cutting edge technology, and a focus on building great applications that the Strava community will love. You will work on projects directly relating to our most exciting features, such as mobile recording, Fitness and Freshness, Challenges, app navigation, and many more.
Interns at Strava are considered full members of the engineering team, and build software that gets deployed to millions of athletes. Past interns at Strava have upgraded the schema of one of our largest datasets, performed a series of A/B tests to improve the athlete onboarding experience, upgraded our search infrastructure to Elasticsearch, built a new workout analysis feature on our mobile apps, and supported thousands of API Developers.
About this role
- Build the next generations of the Strava experience alongside a passionate and talented team of engineers and designers
- Collaborate and incorporate feedback from product management, design, marketing, and support teams
- Innovate during Strava Jams when engineers have four uninterrupted days to hack on a project of their choosing
- This is a 3 month Summer internship in our San Francisco, CA office
- Pursuing BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields
- Rising Senior, graduating in 2020
- Programming experience in Java
- Programming experience in Kotlin (not required, but a plus)
- Familiarity with version control
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving - we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.