We are looking for a server engineering intern to help us build the future of Strava. If you are excited by cutting edge technology and want to spend a summer building features that million of Strava athletes will use, please consider applying! This is a 3 month Summer internship in our San Francisco, CA office.
Interns at Strava are treated as full-time members of the engineering team. We’ll give you experienced mentors and all the tools you need to make a meaningful impact on our product. Here are some sample projects from former interns:
- Migrate our search infrastructure to Elasticsearch
- Upgrade the schema of one of our largest datasets
- Support thousands of API Developers
- Perform a series of A/B tests to improve the athlete onboarding experience
- Build the next generation of the Strava experience alongside a team of passionate and talented engineers
- Collaborate with our internal partners in product, design, marketing, analytics, and support
- Innovate during Strava Jams when engineers have four uninterrupted days to hack on a project of their choosing
- Pursuing or a recently completed BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields
- Rising Senior (2021 grad) or new grad (2020)
- Familiarity with version control. We use Github
- Disciplined approach to testing your code
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving - we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.