About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate, product-minded, iOS engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will work closely with product management, designers, QA and other engineers to expand and improve upon our iOS application.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience developing software using the Swift programming language
- Experience using Cocoa Touch to create beautiful user interfaces that are dynamic and responsive
- Ability to solve software issues using tools like the Xcode debugger and Instruments
- Can own well-scoped projects of medium complexity from technical design through completion
- Independently and proactively follows team processes and software development best practices
- Experience producing well-tested and well-documented code that can be understood by other engineers
- Experience developing for watchOS
This role is on the Growth Team. The Growth Team at Strava covers a variety of surfaces. Their main goal is to increase engagement among both new and existing athletes, helping them find the right experience on Strava. The team works on everything from new user on boarding, social sharing to the Explore page, an algorithmic feed that surfaces motivational content like challenges, clubs and segments. Fast iteration and A/B testing are core to how the team operates and every engineer gets the opportunity to both pitch and own projects.
Engineering at Strava
Take a look at the links below to learn about the exciting work we are doing:
- The Engineering Blog covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to how we have refined our interview process.
- Strava Labs shows off some of our R+D efforts and gives a sense of the power and scale of Strava's datasets.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving - we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. When you're ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.