Product Marketing Manager
As a Product Marketing Manager at Strava, you’ll help people around the world have more fun every time they sweat. Your job will be to show new athletes what makes Strava great, as well increase existing athletes’ engagement with our platform.
You’ll spend your time pulling together strategic insights around our key audience segments, collaborating with Strava’s product teams on plans for exciting new features, and leading marketing and growth initiatives which drive scalable business results.
You’re both a creative storyteller and an adept technology strategist. You love learning what makes a community tick, coming up with new solutions to hard problems, and bringing the value of technology products to life with insightful, emotional storytelling. You know when to step back and get a wider perspective, and when to put your head down and execute. The result is a product that customers feel was built just for them, and a brand they want to tell their friends about.
- Drive analysis and insights to inform product and marketing roadmap
- Define, develop, and successfully launch (i.e., go-to-market) new features and products that serve our core audiences
- Develop and execute marketing programs to acquire, engage and retain Strava athletes
- Own and drive forward a roadmap of growth experiments across various channels to increase engagement with key features
- Measure and evaluate ongoing performance of the business, identify risks and opportunities, and take pertinent actions to meet or exceed set targets
- You’re an analytical Marketer, as good in a spreadsheet as you are in a design review.
- You’re fascinated by consumer behavior and want to learn what motivates people to try something new (whether it’s a new feature or their first half marathon)
- You love to predict how users will react (to a new feature, an A/B test, or a change in UI).
- You love to try new things and are energized by creative challenges
- You can refine great ideas over time, adjusting marketing tactics and plans as needed.
- You use can prioritize ruthlessly, and make good on your commitments
- You are a wizard when it comes to working effectively across different teams, from marketing to product to engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product marketing
- A proven record of driving business results
- Experience working with product teams to design and build new features
- Experience scoping and synthesizing results from qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience in managing the full customer lifecycle, from awareness to acquisition to retention
- Experience in business intelligence and reporting (MicroStrategy/Tableau) is a plus.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.