About the Role
The HR Coordinator will support the People team in HR administrative duties. You will be the first point of contact for all things People related and will provide support particularly in the areas of benefits, new hire orientation, HRIS, and general HR administration, but may perform other duties as assigned. This is a full-time, non-exempt role, reporting to the HR Manager, based at Strava’s SF headquarters.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the HR Department by generating reports, filing, auditing, and responding to employee requests
- Respond to routine HR questions or escalate to the appropriate HR team member
- Assist with Strava’s benefits program, including the Open Enrollment process
- Assist with HR audits, including benefits, invoices and payroll
- Maintain personnel and HR-related files
- Assist with onboarding, new hire orientation, and benefits enrollments
- Prepare termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews
- Assist with special projects and company events as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent. Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant HR experience
- Possess sound judgment and able to prioritize the important over the urgent
- Have excellent project and time management skills (especially under critical deadlines)
- Be extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough
- Be reliable and have excellent follow-up skills
- Possess a professional demeanor and must be able to work under strict confidentiality and discretion
- Be a team player who is flexible in a variety of situations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues.
- Have strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Google Suite
- Have the ability to maintain focus in spite of an open work environment and consistent interruptions
- Previous experience with Paylocity & Sapling is a plus
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.