About this Role
We want to connect athletes to what motivates them. There are two parts to this for the role:
- Help find and display the best running and cycling routes in key global cities.
- Ensure that all major running races have a home on Strava
Reporting to the UK country manager, but with an international remit, this role offers the opportunity to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship building, organisational excellence, as well as show passion for running and cycling. The successful applicant will work with Strava community associates and influential athletes in selected territories to ensure that we can help our community find great routes, and ensure the top running races have a home on Strava.
This is a full-time office based role for a 3 month period. Based in Strava’s European office in Bristol, occasional travel may be required.
- Build a database of the top running events. Help to build their home on Strava using the product tools at your disposal.
- Curate the top running and cycling routes in Strava’s top global markets. The successful candidate will help formulate and execute a plan to ensure key cities have community sourced routes, with descriptions and photos. Here’s some stimulus from Amsterdam.
- Reporting. Report back on progress with the route and running race areas.
- Develop Strava’s Playbook for working with the community to curate routes.
- You understand the authentic Strava athlete. You love to run, ride, swim and/or do other activities.
- You have a marketing mind. You can plan, build and execute marketing partnerships. You know how to throw a party, whom to invite and how to get people there.
- You are a rockstar. Creative, outgoing, social, and positive. You are scrappy and entrepreneurial and figure out a way to get things done and get people to help you.
- You can work in Bristol for 10 weeks to 12 weeks from the start of July. The role will be office based.
- You can organise. Tasks, information, people.
- You have an international mindset, have traveled abroad and ideally speak a foreign language (German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese).
- You can demonstrate that you are a self-starter, possibly through a degree or business.
- You need to know and understand Strava: as a brand and a product.
- A solid grasp of Geography would be extremely helpful. Do you like maps and have an interest in exploring places to run or ride?
- You are proficient in Strava, spreadsheets, presentations, and have had prior experience communicating professionally via email.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomises our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionise our industry, and we’re just getting started.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.