About this role:
Strava is looking for a natural go-getter to be an intern on the Business Development Team. The BD Team is rapidly growing as Strava expands its business offerings to athletically-focused brands. This role will be part of that effort and responsible for:
- Carrying out market research to identify potential partner brands and contacts
- Assisting with sales prospecting via email, Linkedin and events
- Assisting partner managers with pitching and onboarding business partners
- Assessing partner requirements, and finding the best Strava product recommendation based on their needs
- Developing proposals that are tailored to each partner
- Educating brands on the value of partnering with Strava
- Managing multiple projects with a variety of complexities and deadlines
- Maintaining a healthy sales pipeline
- Analyzing the effectiveness of existing and previous Strava campaigns to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Recent college graduate with an interest in business development
- Great at balancing multiple projects at once and have the ability to appropriately prioritize each
- Think outside the box - whether it’s crafting a compelling pitch deck, finding data to advance a partner proposal or coming up with creative ways to market partners to Strava athletes
- An organized self starter who can work autonomously while collaborating with others
- Results-focused but can balance art and science when making decisions and measuring success
- Are just as comfortable in a spreadsheet as you are in a partner-facing presentation
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years of advertising or business development experience
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive - formula knowledge and slide production is a must!
- Experience managing and updating CRMs
- Understanding of what makes a compelling pitch / proposal
- Project management experience
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Experience working on tight deadlines
- A background in digital advertising is a bonus, but not mandatory
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.