About this role:
Growth Marketing at Strava is a small team focused on adding healthy users to our fast growing network. You will be instrumental in this mission: helping discover, understand, and convert growth opportunities. You’ll be a partner in answering the questions around growth by performing the important analysis and reporting that allows us to be effective in experimenting and learning from loads of user acquisition ideas. This role, as much as any at Strava, will have a huge direct impact on our business in 2019 and beyond.
- Lead global reporting across multiple paid and organic channels that will directly go to Strava’s leadership team
- Build, maintain and improve dashboards and data visualizations to both evaluate each acquisition funnel’s ROI and help with trend spotting and deep dive analysis
- Design experiments, analyze their performances, and evangelize the learnings for the team to improve upon
- Regularly audit various data collection points to make sure we are capturing quality data
- Partner with growth marketing team to identify KPIs, trends and develop analytical frameworks to drive channel performance
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience (1-2 years working in a marketing analytics role)
- BS/MS in math, statistics, computer science, economics, or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient with SQL and Excel
- Experience with different experiment methodologies and statistical tests
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Looker/Tableau)
- Able to independently lead projects and manage deadlines
- Genuine curiosity about growth and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills and experience working in cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- Scripting competency (e.g. R/Python)
- Familiarity with marketing attribution tools (MMP, GTM, etc.)
- Experience in growth marketing analytics (e.g. user acquisition funnels, LTV, CAC)
- Experience with growth marketing technical stack (e.g. Adjust, Branch, Snowplow)
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.