About this Role
The Part-Time Content Support Representative is part of the Community Management Team at Strava, which is responsible for handling inquiries and feedback from all Strava members. In addition to providing technical support for the product, the Content Support Rep. will assist the Learning and Development Lead with maintaining the Zendesk-hosted Help Center. Specifically focusing on maintaining the content that has been translated.
- Respond to member inquiries by providing assistance with site functionality, in addition to troubleshooting Strava applications, GPS data problems and activity analysis issues.
- Maintain translated content in the Help Center using software integrations and/or coordinating with the in-house localization team.
- Use analytics to identify which articles should be prioritized for future translations.
- Take on other tasks as needed including updating Help Center articles, removing outdated content, and updating the team’s internal knowledge base.
You are extremely organized and have the ability to stay focused, work quickly, and independently, whether it’s working remotely or in our offices. Other requirements include:
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- You thrive by working independently, taking initiative, and demonstrating excellent follow through.
- Self-motivated and seeks ownership with a “make it happen” attitude.
- You are flexible and able to take on a variety of different tasks.
- You have experience with basic technical troubleshooting.
- Strong attention to detail in document organization, composition, clarity, and grammar.
- You understand how to use analytics to make informed decisions.
- You are based in the SF-Bay Area and look forward to working in our SF office as necessary.
- Preference given to foreign language speakers.
In your cover letter please include responses to the following questions:
- What excites you about working for the Strava support team?
- Are you familiar with the Strava platform? If so, please include a link to your profile.
- Do you have experience juggling multiple, miscellaneous tasks?
- Are you fluent in any other languages? If so, please include a writing sample.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.