About the Role
We are looking for a Partner Marketing Intern to join the Strava | Business team this summer. In this role you will learn the ins and outs of business development and be responsible for research (qualitative and quantitative), strategic planning and go-to-market execution. This role is a unique combination of strategy and marketing.
Strava interns are embedded within existing vertical teams and can expect to get real, hands-on experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research, from competitive analysis to surveys to one-on-one interviews, to uncover insights that help Strava better understand our athletes, partners, and future opportunities
- Telling stories of our successful partnerships through powerful case studies
- Learning and mastering Strava-built admin tools to set-up and execute campaigns
- Contributing to new business pitches through presentation design
- You are likely an MBA candidate or in an undergraduate program
- You are eager to learn business development and the soup-to-nuts of how a deal gets executed
- You are fascinated by consumer behavior. You take the time to consider the perspective of the end-user.
- You are creative and innovative. You vary your marketing tactics and plans as needed.
- You are deeply analytical and methodical. You use data to discover opportunity and can prioritize ruthlessly.
- You are as good in a spreadsheet as you are in a visual presentation.
- You are extremely organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
- You have a proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace
- You work effectively across different teams, from marketing to sales to product
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and oral, and deliver the appropriate message and tone at the right time
- You are a great teammate and collaborator
- Excel formulas, formatting, charts
- Google slides and ability to make analytical information visual
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.