As an API Support Engineer, you will work closely with external partners in the fitness world as well as teammates in engineering and community management. We are looking for somebody who is equal parts technical problem solver and equal parts collaborator. You will manage day to day relationships with our top partners in addition to inquiries from our over 31,000 developers. You must excel at managing multiple dynamic relationships, no two days will be the same. The right person will help solve challenging technical problems, while making improvements to set us up for success. This is a unique opportunity to see a side of the fitness universe from a vantage point that only Strava (with its many integrations) can offer.
About this role
- You will work with top companies in the fitness world to onboard them to our platform
- Together with community management, you will triage issues and work with our engineering team to resolve
- Proactively identify integration issues and perform outreach to work towards a resolution
- Utilize the day to day learnings as way to formulate systematic improvements. A prevention mindset if key for this role
- Improve the API, documentation & tools in order to make integrating with Strava as easy as possible
- Maintain our curated list of Strava API Apps
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical role
- Deep knowledge of the technologies around APIs
- i.e, you have explained what OAuth is to somebody before
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Rails and/or Scala would be a big plus
- Excellent follow through, judgment and common sense with a “make it happen” attitude
- You are self-motivated and have strong time management skills
- Ability to stay on task and follow outlined processes
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform is a bonus
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.