At Strava, we are building the most engaged community of athletes in the world through a technology platform where every activity matters. With more than 30 million members, our product suite stretches across mobile applications, web, and device integrations. As a Director of Product Management, you’ll play a key role in helping us achieve our mission by driving the core product experience. You’ll work with cross-functional partners and lead the way in defining product vision and creating a high performance product development organization. You’ll help recruit and build our product organization as we continue to grow rapidly. Strava is at the center of the connected fitness world, expanding our portfolio of sports and features through device, studio and brand partnerships. You will play a critical leadership role in creating a personalized engaging impactful product experience for all athletes.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Research, and other stakeholders to oversee the creation, development, and iteration of our products
- Recruit and hire a team of amazing product managers
- Drive vision and roadmap for core Strava experiences. This work spans digital record, social, performance and quality, identity as well as achievements, motivation and discovery.
- Mentor and guide product managers, helping to develop their craft of product management and career path
- Effectively integrate insights into overall experience strategy by translating quantitative and qualitative input into strong solutions with high athlete value and product market fit
- Work with your peers to evolve our product development process, emphasizing speed, quality, and focus.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience working across multiple projects
- Experience building and leading teams of high-quality product management talent
- A history of developing product vision and strategy and working with teams to translate that into product roadmaps
- Conviction on product development process, balancing velocity autonomy with focus and alignment on goals
- Ability to guide teams across multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Success building products for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization).
- Deft group facilitation and stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills that help shape a vision and rally a team towards success.
- Experience in subscription and monetization a plus
Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an incredible team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee, or all three.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.