About the Role
Strava is seeking a Senior Brand Marketing Manager to help develop and implement global marketing campaigns, enabling more athletes to know that Strava exists and better understand what we do and why. Strava benefits from having millions of diverse runners, cyclists, coaches and professional athletes that are doing incredible things every day. We’re looking for a brand strategist, engaging storyteller and organized project manager that wants to help us fuel word-of-mouth growth and motivate athletes to join the Strava community.
In this role you’ll help expand both the size and scope of our existing brand efforts, along with the team and agency partnerships responsible for production and content creation. You’ll work cross-functionally with local in-country marketers, social, growth, and creative teams to make videos, podcasts, stories, and photography. You’ll aim to connect athletes with expertise, inspiration and educational resources that can help them get more from their sport. You should come to the table with fresh ideas, ready to brainstorm and take a rough concept up a level of sophistication, polish, and impact. This role also requires budgeting skills, the ability to get things done efficiently and, most importantly, a love of sport and Strava.
- Project manage integrated campaigns, bringing all creative communication pieces together in a marketing or project plan.
- Own the measurement of campaign efforts, using internal data, market research and awareness and perception tracking to show the impact of work.
- Recruit and oversee agency partners, freelance writers, photographers and designers to help execute on creative development. This includes contract, budget and time management.
- Conceive, develop and create athlete additive content. Inspiring, educational material as well as human stories that punch outside of Strava’s existing audiences.
- Manage the editorial calendar with planning foresight to key moments, product launches and events. Support local marketing initiatives as a strategic partner.
- Employ engagement tactics to deepen our connection to the community and grow our reach through paid media, SEO, influencer networks and partnerships.
- Oversee our CMS (WordPress) platform development and evolution.
- 6-8+ years of brand marketing experience. That said, it’s not all about how many years you’ve been working – it’s also about your maturity as a project leader and experience in the field.
- Highly organized, thoughtful and proactive in driving projects forward independently.
- Strong grasp of the athlete’s lexicon and an informed understanding of what makes them tick. You have to know how to motivate athletes.
- Intellectually curious and globally minded. We serve all kinds of athletes from all kinds of places. And our marketing team is dispersed across the world.
- A passion for storytelling, an obsession with creativity, and a commitment to craftsmanship.
- Grace under pressure and comfort with ambiguity.
- Collaborative team player!
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.