About this role:
If you're active, there's something you're striving for - a feeling, a goal, a place, a state of mind. Whatever it is, Summit can get you there. Athletes who subscribe to Summit on Strava unlock the best Strava features, which help them improve their training, analyze their workouts, and keep them safe during activities. Millions of athletes are on Strava, and many rely on Summit every day. Summit is Strava’s core business, and its rapid growth fuels the future of Strava.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to own a portfolio of Strava Summit product features and user experiences. Starting from a long term product strategy centered on our mission, you will identify the core needs of key customer segments and drive innovative products to market. You’ll drive the process from concept to MVP and through iterations to double down on what our athletes find most valuable. You’ll manage and drive execution of the roadmap across mobile and web surfaces.
- Drive product strategy and execution for a portfolio of Summit features, such as Relative Effort, Heart Rate Analysis, Training Plans, Filtered Leaderboards, and Beacon; and user experiences, such as freemium upsells, on-boarding and activation, etc.
- Initiate and leverage qualitative and quantitative customer research to deeply understand athletes’ needs and transform that into long term product strategy and product requirements.
- Deliver innovative products to enhance athletes’ experience as they accelerate their investment in their activities. Go to market in stages, starting with a well-reasoned MVP, then following up with iterations to improve and enhance based on customer response.
- Assess customer opportunities, prioritize initiatives, and make data and judgment driven trade-offs.
- Design and run A/B tests to learn about customer behavior, iterate, and optimize.
- Closely collaborate with and orchestrate efforts across functions and teams, including engineering, UX, analytics, research, and product marketing.
- 7+ years experience in Product Management for online consumer products, with several life-cycles of launching and iterating on a portfolio of products. Experience with consumer subscription services strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions with deep analysis of data. Self sufficiency with SQL to pull, manipulate, and analyze data.
- Track record of effectively prioritizing and communicating/coordinating within and across teams. Ability to drive multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with design and research as a partner, from both a strategic (planning and vision) and tactical (how the work is done, participating in design critiques, designing experiments that are both user centered and high performing).
- Experience thinking strategically, structurally solving product problems, and simultaneously driving tactical execution.
- Experience defining and running an efficient product development process, including backlog management and prioritization, roadmap communication, sprint planning, and triage.
- BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field strongly preferred.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.