The Community Support Representative (Trust and Safety Lead) is part of the Community Management Team at Strava. This team is responsible for handling inquiries and feedback from all Strava members, while this particular position will focus primary on responding to sensitive community issues. The Trust and Safety Lead will also collaborate with Community Management leadership, the Data Protection Officer and in-house legal team to build and enforce policy around these difficult situations.
- De-escalate high touch and/or sensitive safety situations with empathy and action-oriented support.
- Resolve policy violations between athletes.
- Identify areas in our policies that need more clarity and collaborate with others to improve our product or position on an issue.
- Using community feedback, advocate for product and process improvements to close loopholes, mitigate risk and improve business processes.
- Work with the members of the community team to advocate for users in each market for their safety, customer support and other community needs.
- Develop customer-centric insights that will inform policy and product decisions, with an eye toward proactive, scalable and preventative solutions.
You are extremely organized and have the ability to stay focused and remain cautious, while working quickly and independently whether it’s working remotely or in our office. Other requirements include:
- Experience working with legal teams.
- Background in advocacy, crisis response, dispute mitigation or emergency response management.
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results.
- Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias toward action in ambiguous situations.
- Comfortable with viewing objectionable content and discussing difficult subjects clearly and calmly.
- Experience with analytics tools.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.