About the role
The Community Associate will be a full time contractor and be Strava’s connective tissue into the athletic community in France. This role will laser focus on developing and deploying the local community strategy. By forging relationships with key individuals, local clubs, shops and partners you’ll help amplify community word of mouth and ultimately drive growth.
The ideal candidate will be a savvy, grassroots marketer who is passionate about community building and engagement. You’ll have expertise in all things sports, especially running-related, you’ll have existing strong relationships within the running community and have a reputation as a social connector. You are a self-starter and have the ability to drive projects independently while working closely with the France Country Manager. This role also requires budgeting skills, the ability to prioritize pragmatically, come up with an abundance of creative ideas and most importantly, a love of sport and Strava.
[day to day]
- Establish and develop an athletic community network in France for Strava
- Build strong and authentic relationships with the most influential athletes that reflect the athletic culture of the territory
- Scale, measure and report on the impact of these relationships
- Plan and host marketing activities each month with local shops, athletes clubs and events
- Manage and report on a small budget for events, gear and marketing activities
- Generate and synthesize local insights for the France Country Manager. Send monthly reports on trends, events, key clubs and influencers, and opportunities and recommendations
- Work very closely with the Country Manager around plans, results and creative needs
- Be the Strava face for the local sports community and report back on feedback from the field
- Develop deep knowledge of Strava’s positioning in the market, in order to inform and shape locally impactful strategies that resonate with athletes across the community
- Surface locally relevant ideas to add awesome value to the athletic community
- Lift organic and earned brand awareness by amplifying local word of mouth advocacy to drive organic growth in the community
You are entrepreneurial, opportunistic and creative. You have strong relationships with athletes, shops and clubs, especially within the running world. There is no task too big or daunting. You chase opportunities with intensity and know how to solve any challenge with creative solutions. You are ambitious, curious, brave and not afraid to experiment. You are also dynamic, super organized and often described as a master of spinning more plates than any one human should.
- You are an outgoing, highly personable embodiment of the brand - You know all the key people in the sports and fitness industry - and everyone knows you
- You are an entrepreneurial doer with 2 - 3 years marketing experience
- You are a highly organised multi-tasker- whether it’s organizing an in-store activation or producing content or reporting on performance metrics: you get the job done
- You are an authentic athlete. You love to run, ride, swim and/or do other activities and know the most aspirational segment of the athletic community
- You have a growth-minded outlook. You can plan, build and execute marketing partnerships and events while thinking in performance metrics. You know how to throw a party, whom to invite and how to get people there. Major bonus points if you have experience with digital and performance marketing, communications and PR
- You are a rockstar. Creative, outgoing, social and positive. You are scrappy and entrepreneurial and figure out a way to get things done and get people to help you
- You have 2 - 3 years of experience in marketing, PR or sales. Bachelor degree is preferred, but not necessary with the right kind of experience
- Experience as a brand ambassador or local marketer is highly valued
- You can pull events together, create communications plans, and know how to drive ideas forward with enthusiasm
- You have a natural affinity for building community. People might also call you a local influencer
- You are proficient working with community monitoring software
- You speak French and can communicate in English - Spanish would be a bonus
- You are familiar working with Excel and have had prior experience overseeing a project budget
Strava is Swedish for “strive”. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.