About This Role
As the Junior Accountant at Strava, you will work closely with the Finance team to support our company’s rapid and sustained growth. The role will be crucial in scaling the capacity of our team to keep pace with the growth of the company overall. This is an exciting opportunity to develop skills and experience that will serve as the basis for a career in Finance in the tech industry.
What You'll Do
- Accounts Payable - manage the approval, payment and accounting processes for bills from outside vendors
- Expense Reimbursements - review and process expense reports submitted by employees
- Corporate Credit Cards - monitor and account for charges on corporate credit cards
- Monthly financial close process - assist the rest of the accounting team with the close and financial reporting each month
- Annual audit - prepare and provide required schedules and documents to our external auditors
- Filing - assist in maintenance of supporting documents
- Ad Hoc research to help employees within the company better understand expenses that they are managing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related field
- Prior experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and written skills
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.