About the Role
Strava is seeking a Copywriter who can help us take Summit, our paid membership program, to the next level. We’re looking for a writer who is focused on acquisition (attracting new customers) and conversion (convincing them to purchase) who is especially interested in testing and learning. The ideal candidate is quick and curious, capable of addressing a problem with many different approaches and then adapting based on what they discover. Because this position is rooted in our Copywriting Team but focused on Summit, it’s an exciting opportunity for a writer who is interested in gaining inspiration from other creatives but also working closely with a diverse team of Summit product managers, designers and marketers.
- Summit marketing experimentation – for example, taking a creative approach to writing different ways to sell a Summit Pack on a checkout page, partnering with a product marketer to test the different versions, then applying what you learn to make the final copy even better for our athletes
- Product writing experimentation – for example, writing and testing different ways to educate a new Summit athlete on a feature they just purchased that will maximize their understanding and experience
- Occasionally authoring long-form content about Summit features, services and athletes
- Becoming an expert on the Summit brand and being a constant advocate for the Summit athlete
- Partnering with more senior creatives on larger Summit go-to-market and brand campaigns
- Regularly sharing what you learn with other writers and marketers
- Applying Summit learnings to writing tasks elsewhere in the org, especially with our Growth Team to entice athletes to join Strava
- Proofreading anything and everything that crosses your path
- Listening and adapting to feedback from your colleagues and athlete research
- Believing in the Strava brand, constantly looking to inject our values into the work and advocating in the interests of the athlete
- Collaborative and egoless. We list this first because we really mean it. You’ll be part of a kind and generous team that will be completely committed to your success, and we expect the same in return.
- 2-4 years of professional copywriting. That said, it’s not all about how many years you’ve been working – it’s also about your maturity as a creative.
- Quick and curious. This is fun and fast writing that requires an appetite for trying new things and never becoming too attached to the outcome.
- A writer’s writer. We’re looking for someone who loves the craft and is excited about writing, rather than a candidate who wants to zoom out and focus on strategy or concept.
- Strong grasp of the athlete’s lexicon and an informed understanding of what makes them tick. You have to know how to motivate athletes.
- Hard-working and autonomous. You’ll be creating important work with little supervision.
- Thick-skinned and dependably optimistic. You can balance your desire for perfection with a sense of humor and resilient spirit.
- Your tolerance for spelling errors and bad grammar is inspiringly low.
- Intellectually curious and globally minded. We serve all kinds of athletes from all kinds of places.
Candidates must author an original and compelling cover letter to be considered. Have some fun and show us what you got.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.