About this role:
We are looking for an experienced, quantitative, and creative Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager to drive subscriber acquisition for Strava Summit. Summit is a collection of subscription offerings that unlock the best Strava features for athletes – helping them improve their training, analyze their workout data, or keep them safe during activities. Join the team that’s rapidly growing our core business to fuel the future of Strava.
You will think big about how to educate target segments of athletes on the value proposition of Summit and dive deep into the details of optimizing the acquisition funnel. You will conceive, launch, optimize, and scale campaigns to upsell current Strava members and new athletes using in-product merchandising, email, push, and paid digital channels (search, social, and partner marketing).
What You'll Do
- Develop, prioritize, and execute a growth strategy to accelerate large-scale customer acquisition across owned and paid channels, including email, in-app, push, social, and search.
- Design and run A/B tests to drive key customer insights and optimize acquisition funnels. Report on the true incremental impact of campaigns.
- Identify customer segments and tailor acquisition strategies to those segments.
- Partner with paid acquisition team to manage paid marketing campaigns to deliver direct subscriber growth within defined Customer Acquisition Cost targets.
- Iteratively develop effective messaging and creative.
- Work effectively cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics, creative, and CRM to deliver on ambitious growth targets.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years experience in growth/acquisition marketing for a consumer business. Experience with consumer subscriptions and freemium models a plus.
- Experience managing direct-response acquisition campaigns across at least 3 of the following channels: email, search, social, in-app, push.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills. Expertise with Excel and proficiency in SQL. An understanding of the statistical basis for A/B testing.
- Strong project management skills to drive buy-in and coordinate across departments and functions.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.