Product marketing at Strava leads strategy for defining the athlete journey for our members. With a strong product-market fit, we have built a large, engaged audience, and add about 1 million new members every month. The product marketing team leads product positioning, go-to-market, and lifecycle marketing communications. You will partner with our product management, research, creative, communications and marketing ops teams to define Strava’s product marketing strategy and athlete journey.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Strava’s product marketing team on the following effort:
- Define the athlete journey to establish and maintain life-cycle marketing communications strategy
- Educate Strava athletes about the features and benefits of existing and new Strava experiences
- Manage Strava’s CMS and website product content strategy
- Drive competitive insights and research into Strava’s invested athlete user base
- Partner with product management to build a roadmap that reflects the needs of current and future athletes
- Lead go-to-market launches by driving product positioning and key messaging
- Create an analytics capability that drives data-driven approaches to decision making and impact measurement.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to implement product marketing best practices and improve internal processes.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience working with CRM platforms, including email, push, in-app messaging, etc.
- Experience working with design and research to create life-cycle marketing
- Data driven approach with analytical experience, self-sufficiency in manipulating data / SQL and tableau skills a big plus
- Knowledge of paid marketing tactics
- Track record of prioritizing, communicating and influencing teams.
- Past people management and recruiting experience with desire to expand role as Strava grows
- 7 to 10 years product marketing management experience in growth-focused consumer tech company
- Experience developing segmentation model.
Nice to Have’s
- Experience working with a subscription business model
- Experience driving user acquisition and activation specifically
- Experience working internationally or with an international user base a plus
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.