Strava is looking for a VP of People to lead investment in our talent, culture, and capabilities to fuel the growth of our business. The role has direct responsibility for recruiting, human resources, learning & development plus programmatic stewardship of our diversity, inclusion and recognition initiatives. The VP of People will report directly to our CEO and partner closely with the board and leadership team. Join a company that motivates everyday athletes to put down their phones, strive for their personal bests and achieves more than they thought possible.
Strava’s culture and people are its greatest differentiators and assets. As our VP of People, you will be responsible for the employee experience at the company, from recruiting to onboarding, performance management, training, and development. As a member of our management team, you’ll inspire 170+ passionate employees in four offices serving 35 million community members all around the world. You’ll champion our core values of Authenticity, Balance, Craftsmanship, Camaraderie, and Commitment and celebrate those who embody them. By engaging the best of our employees, you’ll help build an even more welcoming, productive and diverse team.
Fuel our Recruiting
- Build our employer brand in the marketplace. Pursue multiple avenues for sourcing high quality and diverse talent. Strive for high-quality candidate experience.
- Craft the most impactful onboarding and orientation process for new employees.
- Own the development of a compensation philosophy and job architecture that attracts and maintains top talent.
Own the Strategic Talent Plan
- Identify the capabilities we will need in our future and the associated programs to develop or hire them.
- Drive organization improvements by aligning people strategies and programs with business initiatives and goals.
- Expand our career development and training programs with the right mix of outside resources, mentorship and internal best practice sharing (“Learning Labs”) to retain our talent
- Strengthen our managerial capabilities in mentoring and performance management.
Actively Partner to Grow the Business
- Champion the shift towards a data-driven culture, utilizing analytics to propel better-informed decision-making.
- Translate our annual product and financial plans into associated organizational dependencies.
- Partner with peers on Strava's Management Team to balance both business and employee needs.
Sustain High-Quality Human Resources
- Maintain and develop a competitive benefits program that is consistent with our core values and emphasizes employee wellness.
- Ensure we maintain a competitive and engaging total compensation and rewards program through the understanding of industry benchmarks and what drives motivation and performance.
- Regularly analyze the health of our recruiting process and the scalability of our benefits programs as Strava grows over time.
- Maintain a high service level from the Company’s HR infrastructure – processes, policies, and systems.
- Ensure a consistent experience across our offices (San Francisco, Denver, Hannover, Bristol).
- 12+ years experience in people functions with responsibility for talent, employee relations, org design, diversity, inclusion, and culture
- Excellent people manager with 5+ years of experience; a magnet for talent with high emotional intelligence
- Undergraduate degree. MBA highly desired
- Background liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders
- Ability to inspire change across an organization, including at the executive level
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- A track record of both building and implementing effective processes
- The highest level of judgment when handling sensitive situations
- Strong written, oral, social, and presentation skills
- Real Passion for Strava’s mission
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.