Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role
Strava is seeking an innovative, strategic and multi-disciplinary Brand Designer for a full-time position. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a meticulous attention to detail. A curious mind coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava.
You must be able to make confident design decisions, and be smart and persuasive in bringing others with you.
- Ideate compelling ideas and developing those ideas into clear design solutions
- Present concepts and creative ideas to internal teams
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful brand experiences that push Strava’s brand identity forward.
- Work collaboratively with other designers, illustrators, motion designer, project leads, photographers, and vendors
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- 5+ years design experience in an agency environment or other relevant industry
- Passion for branding and brand identity systems
- Experience working across multiple projects and leading creative output
- Experience seeing work through with engineers and vendors with a high bar of excellence
- Experience ideating and leading strategically led creative work
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage your time across several workstreams
- Keen interest in digital
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Skills in After Effects and/or HTML/CSS a plus
Please include a link to your portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process and indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.