Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Strava has the essential ingredients for growth: product market fit, a large engaged audience, an even larger opportunity, and a massive data-set to leverage and mine for features and insight. We're looking for a product manager to lead us through this unprecedented growth stage at Strava. You’ll combine product and growth expertise to drive athlete acquisition and retention across our web and mobile products. Come help us build the most engaged community of athletes in the world!
What You’ll Do
- Lead product strategy and execution for the Growth team, including logged-out product conversion opportunities, onboarding, and retention in collaboration with design and engineering
- Transform qualitative and quantitative research into hypotheses and conclusions about what drives registration, retention and engagement. Communicate to senior management and stakeholders.
- Create a culture of experimentation that defines, ships, and analyzes experiments to inform product strategy.
- Make decisions that consider the high priority trade-offs between performance, speed to market, usability, short-term and long-term impact
- Partner with other product teams to advocate for focus on product quality, performance, and scaling features that will impact core growth metrics
- Bring Growth best practices - things like growth accounting, iterative development, etc. - to core experience and revenue teams
What We're Looking For
- Experience defining and understanding funnel analyses, conversion, consumer acquisition, retention, A/B testing and go-to-market strategies
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms with significant user traction
- Data driven approach with deep analytical experience, self sufficiency in manipulating data / SQL skills
- Track record of prioritizing, communicating and influencing teams. Ability to drive multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with design and research as a partner, from both a strategic (planning and vision) and tactical (how the work is done, participating in design critiques, designing experiments that are both user centered and high performing)
- Experience thinking strategically, structurally solving product problems, and simultaneously driving tactical execution
- Knowledgeable of the technical aspects of SEO
- 6+ years product management experience in growth-focussed consumer mobile and web environments
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and or weight.