About the Role:
As the Partner Manager for Europe you will need to move fast and cultivate relationships. In this role you will be responsible for successfully signing & executing partnerships with key brand clients in Europe. This role is a unique combination of media sales and business development.
You will be based in Bristol, UK and business travel will be a part of the position.
You will also:
- Bring with you your experience and established relationships with European sport brands and business partners
- Define the overall approach for specific regions across Europe; develop work plans, and create compelling sales propositions utilizing internal and external data
- Conceptualize ways to bring market awareness to clients about business opportunities at Strava
- Access and communicate client needs to the internal team to help develop material that showcases Strava’s business opportunities
- Analyze success metrics to build reporting & powerful case studies
- Know Strava’s business products & value proposition to businesses like the back of your hand, and use this to craft a pitch that resonates with them and fills their needs
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Negotiate deals and produce “win-win” partnerships
You are extremely organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment. Other requirements include:
- 5+ years in a partnership, sales, or business development role at a digital platform, publisher or otherwise client-facing role.
- A depth of experience and knowledge in selling specific digital advertising (think anything natively built in to the product, like content partnerships and other custom executions, your experience lies beyond banner ads)
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- A love and knack for public presenting, great persuasion skills and charisma
- Inherent ability to hear business’ needs and swiftly showing them how Strava can help
- An organized self starter who can work autonomously while collaborating with others
- Ability to engage and partner with senior level executives
- Strong Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Must have exceptional written and oral skills - especially when it comes to reading the client relationship and tailoring communications to deliver the appropriate message and tone
Because this role will be serving the whole Europe region, being multilingual is strongly preferred, but not required. You will be based in Bristol, UK and business travel will be a part of the position.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.