About This Role
Strava is looking for a part-time (contract) Project Manager, Office Move Specialist to assist us with the final details of our office relocation. The move has taken place, but the job is not yet done! This is a terrific opportunity for someone interested in a part-time job who is meticulously organized and who loves driving tasks through to completion. If you love working with people, but you also love details and seeing your checklist complete, this is the job for you!
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors and provide critical project and task support as we wrap up our San Francisco HQ office move
- Assist Facilities Manager, IT Specialist, and Design team with overall new office set-up, look and feel
- Attend all move and facility-related meetings; take and maintain detailed notes, and drive follow up with all parties - both internal employees and external vendors.
- Hold vendors accountable for completion of tasks and commitments
- Help to clarify and document specific requirements of each project or task and track deliverables
- Ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track
- Assist Facilities Manager in establishing effective office communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Other duties to be assigned
- The best candidates will be be meticulously organized and detail-oriented, with a passion for seeing projects and tasks through to completion. They will also have:
- strong project management skills - including specific experience related to facilities, construction, and/or office moves
- strong stakeholder management & problem solving skills
- the ability to hold vendors to task on commitments
- sound knowledge of Facilities and IT-related concepts
- excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience participating in or project managing other office moves strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of construction processes, timelines and technical aspects desirable
This role is anticipated to require 24 - 27 hours per week and does not support remote work. Candidates must be able to work in-person at our SF HQ. Approximate hours 9:30 - 2:30, M-F. Occasional weekend or after hours work may be required.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and / or weight.