Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role
Every day, millions of athletes tell their stories on Strava. The feed is filled with activities, including multi-day adventures, races, group runs, solo rides, cross training and commutes. They all have a story – made rich through their training stats, GPS maps, creative titles, kudos and photos. The role of the Community Curator is to discover and surface the best activities, photos, races and stories from the Strava community.
As part of the marketing team, the Community Curator will work to curate races on our site and athlete stories to share on our website, blog and through Strava's social media. You will follow athletes, events, and trends throughout the summer months to find the interesting things that are happening around the world on Strava to help us engage our community of athletes. This is a 3 month internship based at our San Francisco HQ.
As the Community Curator you connect personally with Strava’s mission to inspire athletes, build community and unlock their potential. You have an eye for beautiful photos and you are passionate about storytelling with a focus on cycling and running.
- Find and curate interesting photos, activities and athlete stories.
- Discover and curate upcoming running races from around the world.
- Help with localization of stories, building out multiple language versions of our editorial content.
- Identify athletes, including pros, ambassadors and photographers that we can collaborate with for Strava owned content
- Organize inbound photo and story submissions from the community.
- Monitor brand hashtags and conversations on social media.
- Some light travel domestically for Strava related events and initiatives.
- Distribution of influencer gear and social related surprises.
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed.
- Pursuing a degree in related field, such as journalism, marketing or business.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience with what engages and inspires athletes.
- Knowledgeable about social media and emerging trends.
- An entrepreneurial approach and ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Photography or design experience a plus (photoshop++).
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.