Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help Athletes train, connect, and reach their full potential. As a Senior Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and own an area of the Strava product design experience. This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office.
Be a Part of Strava Metro
Strava Metro is a division of Strava with the mission to produce state-of-the-art spatial data products and services to make cycling, running, and walking in cities better. Metro strives to affect the way we move through urban areas while providing insight into how safety can be improved and pollution reduced. Your team will work to create scalable interactive insights tools for pedestrian and bike planners in thousands of cities all over the world. The Metro team produces strategy and software to help these customers understand how they can better serve their citizens through the design or cities and greenspaces. As a member of this team you’ll help further Strava’s mission of creating positive, tangible social impact. As a Design Lead, you’ll contribute directly to product strategy, design concepting, and execution.
What You’ll Do
- Be an influential design leader of our Metro product team – a start-up within Strava – helping your cross-functional peers deliver a SaaS experience that succeeds in meeting our business and community goals.
- Discover and create opportunities to build something useful and valuable for our millions of athletes around the world.
- Design flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders across multiple offices to oversee the user experience of a product from conception, launch, and iteration.
- Bring your design and prototyping skills together to create beautiful web and mobile product interfaces.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market.
- A portfolio of great examples spanning desktop and mobile digital experiences with stories of how your process and role led to quantifiable improvements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a cross-functional team environment.
- Ideally, you have prior experience designing data visualization products and/or SaaS software.
- Bonus points for experience partnering with governments and city planners.
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent degree.
Candidates must share a portfolio (with the password if required) to be considered for the role.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.