Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this Role:
As the Partner Operations Intern on the Strava Business team, you will need to move fast and juggle multiple projects. In this role you will learn the ins and outs of business development and be responsible for successfully executing partnerships with key clients. This role is a unique combination of operations and analysis. This is a 6 month internship, based at our HQ in San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with Strava Business leads for execution of sales and product implementation
- Ensuring that our clients receive the highest level of operational customer service
- Organizing timelines, be responsible for partner kickoff calls, guidance, and follow-ups
- Learning and mastering Strava-built admin tools to set-up and maintain campaigns
- Coordinate with teams and verticals inside Strava (translation, copy, design, social) to execute campaigns
- Translating client feedback into product recommendations
- Building and maintaining relationships with Strava’s strategic business partners
- Analyzing success metrics to build reporting & powerful case studies
You are extremely organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment. Other requirements include:
- Eagerness to learn business development and the soup-to-nuts of how a deal gets executed
- Previous internship at a digital platform, publisher or agency
- Specific experience in an operations, trafficking, partnership, sales, or business development role encouraged but not required - we care more about your eagerness to learn business development and partnerships. This is not a traditional Ad Ops role.
- Must have exceptional written and oral skills - especially when it comes to reading the client relationship and tailoring communications to deliver the appropriate message and tone
- Proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace
- Superb proofreading skills
- Experience working with external clients
- Excel formulas, formatting, charts
- Google slides and ability to make analytical information visual
- Salesforce or other CRM (preferred but not required)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.