Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role:
Strava has a healthy and growing premium subscription business, one that has tremendous growth opportunity as our user base grows and as we continue to develop, optimize, and market Strava’s unique premium offering. The General Manager for Premium will be responsible for the stewardship and expansion of this core revenue stream, overseeing both the strategic vision and execution of multiple teams to hit ambitious goals. This is a unique opportunity to take an already performing business and scale it to the next level.
The General Manager will guide the four pillars of our subscription business: premium feature development, optimization, data and infrastructure, and marketing. The role will balance investment across these areas and ensure efforts between them are well integrated. The GM will partner with leads in product, design, engineering, business development, and brand and product marketing to deliver on premium goals.
- Own long-term vision for new premium revenue opportunities and research
- Partner with product managers on defining and executing premium roadmap
- Hold team accountable for product delivery
- Scale existing group from a single product team to multiple teams with their own focus
- Drive subscription growth through experimentation
- Coordinate optimization of multiple levers and channels of the premium funnel, e.g.: conversion, retention, pricing, trials, paid advertising, emails, push
Marketing / Partnerships
- Work with business development to identify and develop partnerships
- Plan and drive execution of new international marketing efforts
- Own proposition and packaging of Premium
Reporting / Infrastructure
- Own high-level reporting on Premium performance and trends
- Partner closely with finance to model and forecast subscription revenue and KPIs
- Oversee payment relationships with Apple, Google, PayPal, et al.
You will have:
- BA/BS degree and 7+ years of meaningful experience
- Experience being responsible for a revenue line for a consumer or SAAS business
- Background in finance and/or operations, either from a startup and/or banking/consulting
- Experience building reports
- Shown ability to drive work across multiple team with direct and indirect reports
- Ability to think like an entrepreneur, developing long-term strategy and interim achievements within the context of a nascent and fast-growing market
- Strong communicator who can articulate the team’s vision and products to internal colleagues as well as external partners
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.