Back End Software Engineer
Do you want to join a fast-paced tech company?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze their data. Stratifyd delivers the most comprehensive, unbiased insights from structured and unstructured data in real time which enables our clients to make confident business decisions faster.
We are members of the Mastercard Start Path and the Microsoft ScaleUp programs, and we were named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner. Additionally, we were recently awarded one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" as well as one of the fastest growing companies in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking an analytical, results-driven individual with a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones – someone who knows how to get things done and is not afraid to take on big challenges!
As a Back-End Software Engineer with Stratifyd, Inc. you will be working collaboratively with a talented group of engineers, designers, and product managers to create a functional, seamless experience for the end-user. In this role, you will build new and innovative features for our AI platform, ensure system consistency, and improve user experience.
Our ideal candidate loves building software, has experience building scalable and robust solutions, isn’t afraid to dig into existing code to improve it, and can help set the direction of our framework/platform. The Back-End Software Engineer will have demonstrated practical experience in building high-performance and reliable systems and possess a love for Git and all that version control provides (we can also accept a love/hate relationship with Git).
- Maintain and develop Stratifyd’s API layer and/or analytics pipeline
- Design, implement, and document new platform features and associated unit tests
- Modify, enhance, and optimize existing codebase
- Take part in an agile development cycle – including planning, development, testing, deployment, and support operations
- Identify and learn new approaches and technology as needed
- Mentor other software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1+ year(s) of proven software development experience- Practical industry experience is necessary for this role
- Deep understanding of Python idioms and semantics (2.7 and 3.6) and Python/C API
- Professional experience working with systems designed to deliver and operate on streaming data in near-real-time, or personal projects related to the same
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture
- Experience using one or more continuous integration, testing, or deployment frameworks
- You run Linux as your main machine
- Sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- A strong desire to explore, learn, and share new technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Previous experience working with a smaller dev team preferably in a start-up environment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience designing & implementing REST API's
- Experience with message broker systems and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience and/or knowledge of AI, Machine Learning, Big Data
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.