Do you want to join a fast-paced tech company?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze their data. Stratifyd delivers the most comprehensive, unbiased insights from structured and unstructured data in real time which enables our clients to make confident business decisions faster.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
As a Research Scientist, you’ll explore, design, and evaluate data mining and machine learning models, as well as test and deploy modules into the platform. You’ll participate in cutting-edge literature, and review and research for data mining and machine learning approaches. You will also present to clients and investors in-depth explanations of these algorithms and models, and how they will affect the platform as a whole.
Our ideal candidate loves making software more efficient, can adapt to change, and is well-rounded in research & development. The Research Scientist will have demonstrated practical experience in developing high-performance and reliable systems and testing theories in a collaborative environment.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Work in concert with the Company’s research team in designing prototype models/algorithms for business intelligence tasks, such as text analysis, structured/series data analysis, precision marketing, customer relation management, etc.
- These models/algorithms are designed based on the knowledge and methodologies from natural language processing/understanding (e.g., NER, Text Classification, Topic Clustering), machine learning (e.g., LDA, CNN, RNN, VAE) and data mining (e.g., 3VSL, Trend Detection, Network Analysis, Series Analysis) domains.
- The models/algorithms include topic merge algorithm, dependency tree-based topic phrase extraction, anomaly topic trend detection, and taxonomy-based semi-auto topic model.
- Responsible for developing a link analysis and semantic matching approach for precision marketing with online social network data.
- Responsible for extending the traditional Latent Dirichlet Allocation model to Stratifyd’s inhouse opinion clustering model, which distills insights and opinions from social network, e-commerce and customer center data.
- Responsible for developing a semi-auto knowledge base build solution for chatbot applications.
- Create domain-specific analysis solutions to deliver automated insights and social network analysis, such as social network-enhanced smart marketing solution.
- Deliver research prototypes to the Engineering team for product development.
Required skills & experience
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in CS, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Proficient in Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, PyMC3, Networkx, Mathlab, R, Linux, JAVA, NS2, TinyOS, Perl, Web Crawler
- Tools: SpaCy, ANSJ, Hanlp, Pandas, NLTK, sklearn, Gensim
- Models: LDA, Word2Vec, RNN, VAE
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.