Junior Staff Accountant
Do you want to join a fast-paced tech company?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze the voice of the consumer. By enabling real time visibility into what customers are saying, we reduce the time to value and allow brands to make business decisions quickly.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking someone who is detail-oriented with foundational knowledge of accounting concepts and systems to assist in managing the daily accounting tasks of a rapidly growing tech start-up.
As a Jr. Accountant with Stratifyd, Inc. you will be part of small team that provides operational support to the CEO. In this role you will be expected to assist the controller in managing the day-to-day accounting activities, contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department, and partner with operational team to ensure the accuracy of the company’s financial information.
Our ideal candidate is analytical and brings knowledge of general accounting. The Jr. Accountant will have a head for numbers, advanced skills in Excel, and be highly organized. He/she is a process-driven yet flexible individual who can deliver results and is comfortable working both independently and as a part of a team.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Assist Controller in managing daily accounting tasks
- Perform general bookkeeping, balance and maintain accurate ledgers, posting
- Produce/process invoices, recognize MRR and reconcile client’s SLA
- Oversee accounts receivables and initiate collections on past-due accounts
- Monitor office expenses, log all outgoing disbursements
- Oversee accounts payables, monitor vendor payment agreements and reconcile payable reports
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank, Credit Card, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including cash flow, P&L and Balance Sheets
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial requirements and laws
- Execute special projects from the Office of the CEO
- Liaise with external accounting firm
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-5 years of accounting experience
- Associates, Bachelor, or Certification in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices, reporting, GAAP, Excel
- General ledger and financial statements
- Good with numbers and figures
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese
- Experience with Intacct
- Payroll experience (Paylocity or similar product)
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.