USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCHER
Do you want to join a fast-paced tech company?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze the voice of the consumer. By enabling real time visibility into what customers are saying, we reduce the time to value and allow brands to make business decisions quickly.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking a solution-focused individual to identify and help solve complex software design issues in an innovative, highly collaborative environment.
As a User Experience Researcher with Stratifyd, Inc. you will execute user research and conduct usability tests, including analysis of results and delivery of associated recommendations for improvements to our software products. You will work intimately with development to steer implementation details by advocating on behalf of the user in an in an agile/iterative product development environment. Working hand-in-hand with our UX designers, product owners, and internal services partners, you'll conceptualize and define the platform experience to increase customer retention and growth by providing a holistic people first experience.
In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, surveys, usability testing, and log analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Gather pain points across the user journey
- Facilitate and lead active participant, and remote user research
- Define user research methodologies and processes as it applies to various product features and timelines
- Organize, present, and defend findings to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote research guidelines, best practices and standards
- Work seamlessly between multiple projects of varying complexities while respecting deadlines
- Support Program and Product Management by performing user research, including usability testing, and developing ongoing relationships with customers to build a shared understanding of their problems and needs
- Identify and create user personas and scenarios
- Participate in customer site visits, beta test visits, customer briefings, customer councils, user group meetings, technical conferences, seminars, etc. as appropriate and as budget permits (may travel 10% of time)
- Creatively engage with customers via virtual councils, WebEx sessions, and other remote technologies
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of work experience in UX and UI Design (Prototyping / Visual Design / Research / Information Architecture)
- Strong knowledge of user experience across devices and platforms
- Experience conducting user research and translating insights into designs
- Experience evaluating product analytics and KPIs and translating insights into designs
- Ability to handle multiple projects and designs concurrently
- Knowledge of Agile development process
- Ability and desire to think creatively to deliver business results
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, visual presentations and effective listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior managers
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced, global environment; must be able to leverage cross-functional teams to deliver results to meet specific deadlines and shift focus with changing priorities
- Flexible work style to accommodate working with partners across the globe
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.