Senior back-end software engineer
Do you want to join a fast-paced tech company?
Stratifyd, Inc. is a B2B tech company located in Charlotte, NC and is fundamentally changing the way brands analyze the voice of the consumer. By enabling real time visibility into what customers are saying, we reduce the time to value and allow brands to make business decisions quickly.
We are members of the 2018 Mastercard Start Path class and the Microsoft ScaleUp program. Additionally, we were named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner and we were just named one of "Charlotte's Best Places to Work" and the 2nd fastest growing company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal!
We are seeking an analytical, results-driven individual with a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones – someone who knows how to get things done and is not afraid to take on big challenges!
As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer with Stratifyd, Inc. you will be working collaboratively with a talented group of engineers, designers, and product managers to create a functional, seamless experience for the end-user. In this role, you will build new and innovative features for our AI platform, ensure system consistency, and improve user experience.
Our ideal candidate loves building software, has experience building scalable and robust solutions, isn’t afraid to dig into existing code to improve it, and can help set the direction of our framework/platform. The Senior Back-End Software Engineer will have demonstrated practical experience in building high-performance and reliable systems and possess a love for Git and all that version control provides (we can also accept a love/hate relationship with Git).
- Maintain and develop Stratifyd’s API layer and/or analytics pipeline
- Design, implement, and document new platform features and associated unit tests
- Modify, enhance, and optimize existing codebase
- Take part in an agile development cycle – including planning, development, testing, deployment, and support operations
- Identify and learn new approaches and technology as needed
- Mentor other software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of proven experience in building complex software systems
- Deep understanding of Python idioms and semantics (2.7 and 3.6) and Python/C API
- Professional experience working with systems designed to deliver and operate on streaming data in near-real-time, or personal projects related to the same
- Experience with message broker systems and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture
- Experience designing & implementing REST API's
- Experience using one or more continuous integration, testing, or deployment frameworks
- History of using or willingness to learn to use Linux-based operating systems on a daily basis
- Sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- A strong desire to explore, learn, and share new technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to mentor and coach junior-level engineers
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree
- Previous experience in a tech firm and/or start-up environment
- Experience and/or knowledge of AI, Machine Learning, Big Data
Stratifyd, Inc. offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k), and fun and collaborative work environment.
Stratifyd is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.