Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing boutique management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We help Senior Executives and General Managers find solutions to complex strategic and operational challenges. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with an emphasis on Education & Research, and Government.
SPP is proud of its core values which underpin our team’s ethos in maintaining a thriving environment for exceptional people, and to create impactful change in the world around us.
These values include:
- curious – we are always looking to learn and improve the way things are done;
- care – we show genuine care for one another and are readily available to lend a helping hand;
- rigour – we are methodical and detail-oriented in helping solve complex problems for our clients and society;
- team play – we collaborate closely to leverage unique strengths and embrace diverse perspectives.
As Development Coach, you will provide coaching and feedback to consulting staff on their projects and proposals to help them learn the core consulting skills and ensure we deliver consistently high quality work for clients.
You provide a non-judgmental space for staff, particularly new hires, to ask questions as they learn the consulting toolkit and understand the expectations of their role. While the Project Manager remains the primary source of project direction and on-the-job coaching, you offer a valuable additional source of learning and development.
You will also help develop, deliver, or potentially externally source, some training materials as we refresh and upgrade our training program.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help staff understand and apply a hypothesis-led, structured problem solving approach to client proposals and new projects
- Help staff frame the client’s problem and develop analysis plans (e.g. brainstorming or providing feedback on key questions, issue trees, hypotheses)
- Provide feedback and suggestions on analytical approach, data analysis and modelling challenges
- Provide feedback on draft output e.g. clarity of storylines and slide presentations
- Help staff work more effectively with Managers and Partners, and explore ways to manage workload sustainably
- Work with Partners and Managers to enhance project management processes and elevate the feedback and coaching capability and culture at SPP
- Contribute to refining and improving the SPP training program and codifying the SPP approach
Desired Experience/ Skills Required
- A strong desire to coach and develop core consulting skills in junior team members, and provide feedback on work to improve quality of output
- Hypothesis-led, structured problem-solving skills e.g. experience at a MBB management consulting firm as a Senior Consultant, Manager or Principal
- Proficiency in analytical tools and techniques
- Experience writing slide presentations and reports for senior executives using structured communication e.g. Minto Pyramid Principle
- Project and team leadership experience in a high-performance team environment
- Qualifications and/or experience in design and delivery of training (advantageous)
- Ability to understand workplace cultures, structures, systems, processes
- Ability to liaise with and work across all levels (Consultants, Managers, Partners)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced consultant who enjoys mentoring and developing talented, highly motivated people. You’ll engage with a diverse range of interesting projects and industries.
The role offers significant flexibility in schedule with choice in working hours. Though it is scoped as a 0.5 FTE role, there is potential for increasing or decreasing the hours depending on the candidate. We also offer a flexible working environment between office/ home.
We look forward to receiving your application!