Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with major practices in Education, Government, Health, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics.
We are currently looking for a General Manager Operations who will be responsible for supporting the Partners through leading strategic projects, implementing SPP’s short to long-term plans and other operational priorities.
As a core part of a growing firm, you will ensure SPP has sound operational controls, administrative/reporting procedures, and effective systems in place to successfully grow the organisation and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Support the Partners in the design and implementation of business strategies
- Help drive the implementation of operational plans and procedures
- Measure efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement
- Oversee daily operations of the Corporate Services function and team including finance, recruitment and retention, resourcing and performance, marketing and executive support (3 Executive Assistants)
- Assist SPP Partners in the execution of SPP’s business plan
- Support the establishment of comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Develop policies that further enhance SPP’s company culture and vision
- Assist in the evaluation of performance through analysing and interpreting data and metrics and providing sound recommendations
- Ensure robust management reporting is available to monitor business performance and support strategic decision making
Qualifications & experience
- Proven experience as General Manager, Operations Manager or relevant role
- Prior experience in professional services highly desirable
- Understanding of business functions within a growing professional services firm
- Understanding of strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/business infrastructure and
- Exceptional Microsoft Office capability
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly competent in decision-making and problem-solving
- Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant domain (e.g. Business, Commerce)
We are a high impact management consultancy focused on ensuring our clients and partner organisations gain the benefit of a structured, tailored, and evidence-based approach to solving complex business problems.
From high-growth SMEs to some of Australia’s largest businesses, our highly skilled team works closely with senior executives across a broad range of industry sectors. We have developed and refined an SPP approach to delivering client-centric consulting projects that deliver lasting impact.
We have a talented team of collaborative and inclusive people. We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences and approaches, and always look for pragmatic DNA in our candidates.