Are you a curious, natural problem solver and strong, experienced leader with an appetite for communicating findings and delivering real change?
Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with major practices in Education, Government, Health, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics.
Our firm is seeking smart, energetic and driven Engagement Manager to lead our Consulting team across diverse range of projects within Education & Research. Successful candidates will be focused on delivering outcomes for our clients, and demonstrate refined leadership and analytical skills, critical thinking, and an interest in developing a team of influential consultants. Coupled with this, you will have sound knowledge of the Higher Education and/or Research sectors.
About the role
As an Engagement Manager with SPP you will lead consulting teams and work closely with our clients to solve their business problems. Engagement Managers will proactively assist and guide the consultant team to design and deliver solutions that meet client needs, and will be responsible for managing the consulting team, activities, outputs and resourcing.
As the day-to-day contact point for our clients you will effectively manage relationships with the client and key stakeholders, communicating clearly and often on status, changes in expectations, and progress. Engagement Managers at SPP concurrently lead multiple teams to deliver client projects across all business practice areas; and are expected to proactively contribute to the firm’s strategy and approach development.
You are also expected to act on opportunities to benefit the firm’s reputation, workforce, IP position, client base and financial position by:
- Taking leadership of developing effective project proposals and firm capability materials
- Identifying and growing further business development and project opportunities based on current work or professional networks
- Contributing to innovation across the business, demonstrating leadership in your area of expertise
- Leading the development of firm IP including approaches, training materials and firm publications
- Introducing SPP to sales opportunities as they arise and as appropriate
- Supporting firm recruitment efforts through candidate identification and the interview process
- Contributing to workforce development by mentoring team members to extend their skills and responsibilities as appropriate, and providing constructive performance assessments
- Contributing to high team morale by staying engaged and participating in social events
- Sharing insights into industry trends and current events related to SPP target areas
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant area (e.g. Business, Commerce, Engineering)
- You must have previous experience in Management Consulting/General Strategy Consulting
- Candidates will need some background and expertise working within Education & Research
- You will have prior experience with a similar small to large size firm. Strategy professionals working in industry will also be considered, however will need some Consulting exposure in previous work history
- Management experience and background leading project teams
Follow the Apply button and submit your cover letter and CV
Please note: Applicants must have unrestricted or long term working rights in Australia.