Are you a curious, natural problem solver, with an appetite for communicating your findings and delivering real change?
Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with major practices in Education & Research, Government, Consumer, Financial Services, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics.
Our firm is currently seeking applicants for Senior Associate level positions. We’re looking for smart, energetic and driven people with a genuine interest in pursuing a career in consulting.
Successful candidates will be success-oriented with outstanding problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills. We hire people from a diverse range of backgrounds, but what unites us is a strong capacity to learn and a desire to deliver impact for our clients.
About the role
Senior Associates at SPP are a core part of the project team, and are given a high degree of responsibility from day one. Senior Associates are involved in all aspects of project delivery and client engagement. Some typical examples of the types of tasks undertaken by our associates include:
- Gathering data and undertaking desktop research
- Building analytical and financial models of client operations
- Undertaking both qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate insights into business problems
- Benchmarking and desktop analysis to explore industry issues and markets
- Working closely with SPP colleagues to shape compelling proposals and tenders
- Producing materials to support stakeholder engagement
- Conducting client interviews and supporting senior consultants to facilitate client workshops and other engagement forums
- Working with team members to develop insights into the client challenge and develop actionable recommendations
- Preparing high quality written reports (generally in MS PowerPoint)
What attributes are we looking for?
- Strong communicators with the ability relay information clearly and succinctly, and tailor communication to the client situation
- Maturity and strong interpersonal skills, and adapt easily to new cultures
- Demonstrated ability to lead, and to work effectively as part of a project team
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to tackle complex problems creatively
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to develop written materials to a high standard, with strong attention to detail
- Confident presentation skills, with the ability to communicate both detailed analyses and big picture ideas and messages
- Resilience and adaptability to different situations, clients, industries or processes
- Curiosity and passion for continual learning, including ability to quickly get up to speed on new subject areas
- Strong attention to detail
- MS Office suite capability (particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant area (e.g. Business, Commerce, Engineering)
- Senior Associates at SPP will typically have postgraduate qualifications (e.g. MBA, relevant Masters degree)\
- We also expect candidates at this level to have some commercial work experience, ideally in strategy consulting. Otherwise, relevant industry experience with transferable skills are considered
We are a high impact management consultancy focused on ensuring our clients and partner organisations gain the benefit of a structured, tailored, and evidence-based approach to solving complex business problems.
From high-growth SMEs to some of Australia’s largest business, our highly-skilled team works closely with senior executives across a broad range of industry sectors. We have developed and refined an SPP approach to delivering client-centric consulting projects that deliver lasting impact.
We have a great team of collaborative and inclusive people. We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences and approaches, and always look for pragmatic DNA in our candidates.
How to apply
Submit your cover letter, CV and academic transcript by clicking on the Submit Application button.
Please note: Applicants must have unrestricted or long term working rights in Australia.