Are you a curious, natural problem solver, with an appetite for communicating your findings and delivering real change?
Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with major practices in Education & Research, Government, Consumer, Financial Services, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics.
With business conditions improving in 2021, our firm is seeking energetic and driven people for Consultant positions. Successful candidates will be success-oriented, and demonstrate refined analytical skills and insightful thinking, leadership potential, and an interest in management consulting as a long-term career. We will require candidates to have previous Strategy Consulting experience within a similar firm environment.
About the role
As a Consultant with SPP you will be an integral part of consulting teams, working closely with our clients to solve their business problems. Consultants will take on some project management responsibilities and take a leading role in developing the “answer” to client challenges. Some typical examples of the types of responsibilities and tasks commonly undertaken by our consultants include:
- Structuring analysis and findings to ensure complete and well-articulated solutions
- Tightly defining the client’s problem and developing a clear hypothesis that challenges the client to understand and think about the problem more clearly
- Mapping out a sound, logical, structured approach for conducting analyses
- Recommending actions that are appropriate for the client organisation’s capability and capacity
- Preparing very high quality written materials for presentation to the client
- Managing day to day project activities to ensure outputs are delivered on time
- Maintaining project direction and scope to ensure project objectives are met
- Facilitating client engagement forums to drive effective information capture and decision making
- Building project momentum within the client organisation, and gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Developing insights about the client or industry that open new perspectives for potential solutions
- Identifying opportunities to deepen and strengthen project analyses to deliver greater insight
- Identifying solutions that positively impact the client's bottom line (social, environmental, political, people & dollars)
- Building internal capabilities and supporting business development activities to enable future growth
- Working with the consulting teams to build new capabilities across target industries
- Working closely with SPP partners and managers to develop effective project proposals
What attributes are we looking for?
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including ability to handle complex problems creatively
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills, with strong business acumen
- Creativity to develop insights into the client and/or industry challenge
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability and confidence to provide balanced, pragmatic advice to senior managers and executives
- Strong ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively and build relationships at all levels
- Highly refined and effective communication and leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to tailor and adapt these appropriately
- Aptitude for supporting the professional development and upskilling of junior team members
- Possession of character traits consistent with successful Consultants
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and adopt new approaches, ideas and work practices
- Easily adaptable to different situations, clients, industries or processes
- Proactive, curious, flexible, assertive, can do attitude
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a project team
- Effective management of tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, delivering high quality outputs with strong attention to detail, with a track record of effective project management and delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant area (e.g. Business, Commerce, Engineering)
- Postgraduate qualification (e.g. MBA, relevant Masters degree) is advantageous
- We require previous Strategy Consulting experience within another similar firm, anything from top-tier or boutique management consulting firms. Around 2 - 5 years experience will align best for these roles.
- Exposure across any of the following sectors is beneficial - Education & Research, Government, Consumer, Financial Services, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics
We are a high impact management consultancy focused on ensuring our clients and partner organisations gain the benefit of a structured, tailored, and evidence-based approach to solving complex business problems.
From high-growth SMEs to some of Australia’s largest business, our highly-skilled team works closely with senior executives across a broad range of industry sectors. We have developed and refined an SPP approach to delivering client-centric consulting projects that deliver lasting impact.
We have a great team of collaborative and inclusive people. We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences and approaches, and always look for pragmatic DNA in our candidates.
How to apply
Submit your cover letter, CV and academic transcript by clicking on the Submit Application button.
Please note: Applicants must have unrestricted or long term working rights in Australia.