Strategic Project Partners (SPP) is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We seek to deliver lasting and measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit. We work across many sectors, with major practices in Education, Government, Health, Not for Profit, Infrastructure & Major Projects, Sports, Media & Entertainment and Data Analytics.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager who will be responsible for supporting the Partners through leading strategic projects, implementing SPP’s short to long-term plans and operational priorities.
Being part of a growing firm, you will ensure SPP has the proper operational controls, administrative/reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organisation and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Support the Partners in the delivery of business strategies and processes.
- Help drive operational plans and procedures
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes, with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Oversee daily operations of the Corporate Services function and team including Finance, Marketing, Recruitment and Retention, Resourcing and Performance, and Executive Support (4 EAs)
- Support SPP Partners to execute SPP’s business plan
- Support the establishment of comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Develop policies that further enhance SPP company culture and vision
- Assist in the evaluation of performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that robust management reporting is available to monitor business performance, and support strategic decision making
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as General Manager, Manager or relevant role
- Prior experience in professional services is a must
- A background or working knowledge of financials associated with running a business.
- Experience running a small corporate services team and supporting and nurturing them
- Understanding of business functions within growing professional services firm.
- Understanding of strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant area (e.g. Business, Commerce)
We are a high impact management consultancy focused on ensuring our clients and partner organisations gain the benefit of a structured, tailored, and evidence-based approach to solving complex business problems.
From high-growth SMEs to some of Australia’s largest business, our highly-skilled team works closely with senior executives across a broad range of industry sectors. We have developed and refined an SPP approach to delivering client-centric consulting projects that deliver lasting impact.
We have a great team of collaborative and inclusive people. We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences and approaches, and always look for pragmatic DNA in our candidates.