- SPP are currently focusing on developing our flexible workforce. Partner with a fast-growing consulting firm that is making a real impact
- Short-term freelance/contract opportunities to work with high calibre peers who are driven by customer focus
- Looking to speak to experienced Management Consultants for full-time and part-time assignments starting now!
Our firm is seeking smart, energetic and driven people to support our clients on a range of short-term Strategy assignments.
We are looking to partner with success-oriented individuals, who demonstrate refined analytical skills, critical thinking, leadership potential, and an interest in a background in management consulting or industry based strategy roles.
At SPP you will be form a part of our consulting teams, working closely with our clients to solve their business problems. Consultants will often take on project management responsibilities and take a leading role in developing the “answer” to client challenges. Some typical examples of the types of responsibilities and tasks commonly undertaken by our consultants include:
- Defining the client’s business problem, and developing a clear hypothesis that challenges the client to think about the problem
- Mapping out a logical, structured approach for conducting analyses
- Identifying opportunities to deepen and strengthen project analyses to deliver greater insight
- Identifying suggestions that positively impact the client’s bottom line (social, environmental, political, people and financial)
- Facilitating client engagement forums to drive effective information capture and decision making
- Recommending actions that are appropriate for the client organisation’s capability and capacity
- Working closely with SPP partners to develop effective project proposals
Examples of the types of projects we have partnered with freelance Consultants in the past:
- Developing the strategy for an innovation precinct comprising government, university and industry collaboration
- Forecasting future local and international student demand for our education sector
- Developing business cases for world-leading and game-changing research infrastructure
- Developing the channel and pricing strategy for an entertainment organisation’s ticket sales
- Measuring the social impact of a for-purpose organisation
- Advising a manufacturer or retailer on opportunities to improve margin yields
What attributes are we looking for in our Freelance partners:
- Demonstrated understanding of the consulting process, including delivery of commercial outcomes and client satisfaction
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including ability to handle complex problems creatively
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills, with strong business acumen
- Ability and confidence to provide balanced, pragmatic advice
- Strong ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively and build relationships at all levels
- Highly refined and effective communication and leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to tailor and adapt these appropriately
- Develops insights into the client/industry challenge
- Track record of effective project management and delivery
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, delivering high quality outputs with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capacity to adopt and develop new approaches, ideas, and work practices
- Adapts to different situations, clients, industries or processes with ease
- Proactive with a positive, flexible, assertive, can do attitude
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a project team
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor and/or higher degree qualification in a relevant area (for example, Business, Commerce, Engineering)
- 5–15 years’ work experience in a relevant area
- An MBA and/or prior experience in strategy and/or management consulting
SPP is a fast-growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney.
We work hard to understand our client businesses, ensuring that rigour is applied to development of evidence that is used to make decisions. We deliver measurable impact for our clients with a view to delivering broader community benefit, and work across many sectors including Education; Government; Health; Not for Profit; Infrastructure and Major Projects; Sports, Media & Entertainment; and, Data Analytics.
We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences and approaches, but always look for pragmatic DNA in our candidates.
Please note: Applicants must have unrestricted or long term working rights in Australia.