We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As a Credit Trader at PEAK6 Investments, you will have a big impact on the firm by working with the portfolio manager to construct and manage investment portfolios with a focus in corporate credit and structured equity products. The ideal candidate will introduce and develop process improvements and pursue innovative opportunities to generate incremental yield. This role is based out of Chicago.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring new issue activity in the primary market for each asset class
- Executing all secondary market trading for the strategy on a daily basis
- Reviewing portfolio statistics and risk on an ongoing basis with the portfolio manager to ensure that the portfolio positioning reflects current market views
- Working with the portfolio manager on strategy initiatives and marketing materials
- Collaborating with other traders at the firm in efforts at securing best execution across PEAK6
- Communicating with PEAK6 executives across business units when needed on current market trends and technicals
- Working with our technology team for tool building
- Mentoring junior traders on trading principles and your strategy
We would like to see experience in these strategies and products:
- Advanced proficiency in corporate credit and structured equity products including investment grade, high yield bonds, leveraged loans, convertible bonds, and preferred stock
- Proficient in basic options and derivatives products across asset classes
You will gain loads of experience in this role, but before you do, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the capital markets trading fixed income products
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- An entrepreneurial, business building mindset with strong relationship building mentality.
- Prove ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in making decisions
- Aptitude and preference for working a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication ability on a small team
- Strong mentor-ship abilities to help guide and coach junior traders
- The ability to be flexible and learn
- Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Exposure to python (desired but not required) or the ability to direct python users.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Collaboration Grit Relentless Attention-to-Detail
Adaptability Ownership Integrity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Credit Trader you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program