Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies based on Boolean logic circuits, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. Our corporate headquarters is located in the Fenway district of Boston, Massachusetts with an additional site based in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Associate Director/Director, Program Management. As the first member of Strand’s Portfolio Management group, the expectation is that the Associate Director/Director will be responsible for coordinating the strategic and operational planning and decision-making processes at Strand. Reporting to the Co-founder, President and Head of R&D, the right candidate will be a creative problem solver and quick learner who brings a leadership presence and enthusiasm for Strand.
- Lead a cross-functional team to deliver key milestones and activities, and communicate program details, risks, and mitigations to Executive Leadership Team.
- Coordinate and drive planning activities, including milestone setting, resource planning, scenario planning, and developing an integrated program plan based off of cross-functional input and assumptions.
- Schedule and run project meetings, keep meeting minutes, action and decision logs, and follow up on actions.
- Assist in preparation of slide decks for board meetings, alliance meetings, as well as various internal meetings.
- Collaborate with other key internal and external stakeholders on driving various aspects of portfolio strategy, settning stage-gates, and facilitating matrix management.
- Keep track of the evolving scientific and commercial competitive landscape and possible changes in future disease treatment paradigms by analyzing scientific, clinical, and investor presentations in order to contribute to portfolio strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance and gauge program team assumptions.
- Drive scenario planning and cross-functional planning into the overall integrated program plan.
- Manage sub-teams and track integrated deliverables to prepare for GxP Vendor governance interactions at program level.
- Assist with regulatory filing timelines.
- Lead by example and provide mentorship, support, and guidance where applicable.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Biology or related discipline.
- 7-10+ years of industry experience within one or more functional role(s) in drug development.
- Prior project management experience required.
- Experience working with gene therapies and oncology programs highly preferred.
- Proven track record of planning and managing complex programs in different phases of development including cross-functional deliverables across Research, Operations, and CMC.
- Expertise and understanding of the end-to-end processes in drug development.
- Ability to provide effective program management leadership in terms of setting program plans for the lifecycle of a program.
- Good understanding of the biopharma competitive landscape and ability to interpret and contextualize preclinical and clinical datasets desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage competing priorities and maintain start-to-finish cross-functional review.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn various software applications.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/ life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience