Do you want to join a leading artificial intelligence solutions provider? The Solutions team is seeking a Product Owner that will be responsible for understanding customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable items, and working closely with development teams as the primary voice of the customer. The Product Owner will define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, while communicating them to the development teams.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on;
- Define the project vision, create and refine short, medium and long-term solution roadmaps and get the internal agreement with key stakeholders;
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with solutions strategy;
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories;
- Produce technically focused user stories and collaborate with development teams to ensure accuracy and feasibility;
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback;
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints;
- Coordinate, assist and work closely with other Product Owners on the team;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders ranging from Product, Research, Sales, Customers & Management;
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Owner or a Product Manager, working with agile methodologies, or in a related position, with considerable experience working on complex technology solutions and experience working in fast-paced environments;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO II);
- Experience writing technical user stories, refining product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced environment;
- Good understanding of software development with technical skill set to collaborate with technical teams;
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Agile development practices (especially Scrum), methodologies and tools;
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the software life cycle;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies;
- Proficiency in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation;
- Team spirit and good communication abilities;
- Experience using Atlassian Jira.
What we offer:
- Group Insurance and 3% company contribution to RRSP;
- 1⁄2 paid day for your birthday;
- Weekly team breakfast;
- Monthly Lunch & Learn;
- Referral Bonuses;
- Company events organized by our social committee;
- And much more!