StoryBuilt is a leading urban residential and commercial community developer headquartered in Austin, Texas, and building in Austin, Dallas, Denver, San Antonio and Seattle. As an urban infill developer, we are exclusively focused on developing communities in thriving neighborhoods surrounding major downtowns. Our vertically integrated approach to development is at the heart of our success, with in-house expertise, including civil engineering, architecture, construction management, sales, customer service, and property management, driving our innovative approach to design and construction.
StoryBuilt has an immediate opening for a full-time Builder (Residential/Commercial) in Austin, TX. The function of this position is to manage, direct, and accept accountability for all field activities and reporting functions associated with the construction of assigned projects in your community. Daily advancement of schedules is a Builder’s primary responsibility. The Builder provides leadership in, and manages the coordination of, all activities within the projects’ construction process, thus optimizing the effectiveness of Trade Partners, ensuring compliance with StoryBuilt's customer satisfaction and quality assurance standards, and maintaining a safe work environment. Adherence to Key Results – schedules, quality assurance processes, customer satisfaction, safety/site management, trade partner management, and cost management - is your guideline to success with StoryBuilt.
- Manage assigned projects to production objectives
- Ensure completion of quality assurance inspections, document corrective actions, and follow-up to ensure completion of corrective items
- Understand and coordinate necessary inspections, special assignments and other items with municipalities
- Coordination and preparation of onsite construction activities
- Active participation in developing and maintaining effective relationships with trade partners
- Review all field purchase orders for proper coding and pricing
- Review documents for distribution to various teams and managers including all building schedules and delivery dates
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and external customers to achieve goals and objectives
- Maintain an active safety program throughout the operations department and enforce safety practices with employees
- Assist in Land Development activities, as required
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as Superintendent.
- 4 years experience with a residential home builder
- 1 year experience in commercial building.
- Land Development experience is a huge plus
- Proven ability to negotiate with trade-partners and coordinate construction activities in order to deliver homes on time and on budget
- A wide range of construction knowledge in residential and commercial building
- Ability to read, analyze, and demonstrate blueprints
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with management and peers
- Proven track record of achieving goals and objectives with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of BuildPro
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Have strong problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time management
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.