Once upon a time, a store in NYC named STORY created an entirely different type of immersive retail experience. We believed that shopping could be more than just about buying things. We decided to act like a magazine, change our theme and merchandise every 4-8 weeks. Our neighbors at Macy’s saw an opportunity to take what we had created inside one store and take it to the rest of America - and in April 2018, STORY officially joined the Macy’s family. Our address has now changed to 36 Macy’s stores across the country, but our community-centered mission and ever-changing DNA is very much the same.
STORY at Macy’s is a store to explore, an ever-changing retail concept that brings a new theme to life every couple of months, through a mix of new products and events for all ages. Think: kids crafting sessions, mixology class, makeup tutorials, and meet and greets with your favorite author. We’re also the best spot to explore fun, tasty, colorful, playful, surprising, gifts for everyone - including Y-O-U. We’re very big on supporting small businesses, obsessed with great stories and we believe that entrepreneurs have so much to tell us all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Executive Assistant will work closely with the brand experience officer and VP of STORY - supporting all tasks ranging from scheduling, email monitoring and organizing, to supporting day-to-day operations. The person in this role will interact with the larger STORY team. Given the changing nature of our business, there are tremendous opportunities for learning and growth.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and collaborative environment, with a sharp focus on delivering a supreme measure of senior level customer support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Works closely and effectively with the C-suite, VPs and Senior Director to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Administrative Tasks: Individual calendar and department calendar maintenance, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, answering phones, maintaining contact sheets, and ordering and maintaining supplies
- Track and submit monthly expenses for VPs and Sr. Director
- Coordinate logistics for STORY events, team initiatives, activities and meetings
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs as needed
- Collaborate among various roles within the department on special projects as needed
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ executive administrative experience required.
- Vision and passion—to see the future of retail and want to create it
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of client service and response
- Excellent attention to detail, team player, self-starter, strong ability to work independently.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Resilience, tenacity, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading abilities .
- Strong communication, both in-person and through modern tools and platforms.
- Resourceful, highly organized, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) .
- Must demonstrate maturity and sound judgment.
- Comfort operating in non-hierarchical cultures and navigating hierarchical ones.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
ONE MORE THING
We love people with special sauce! Do you juggle, run marathons, plan secret dinner parties? Be sure to let us know!
STORY is a first-of-its-kind retail concept that changes like a gallery, takes the point of view of a magazine, and sells things like a store. Our mission is to create accessible discovery at the intersection of community and small business.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Created Date: 12/26/2019 Updated Date: 4/23/2019