CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM LEAD
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A customer-obsessive - You bring this focus to everything you do and remind others to do the same
- A trainer - You disseminate information clearly and effectively
- A confident leader - You are assertive and will bring big ideas to the table
- A quality enthusiast - You never overlook the details
- A team player - You are able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- A love for luxury - Products, services and experiences are everything!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the team to provide world class customer experience
- Monitor the individual & team efficiency to ensure we meet departmental KPIs (e.g 1 minute initial response time) on a daily & weekly basis
- Provide insight around service levels and suggestions on how to improve
- Implement policy/process changes and provide feedback as needed
- Manage 5 to 8 Customer Experience agents
- Manage scheduling & shift assignments so that the team is constantly optimized for top performance
- Oversee hours logged and approve payroll on a weekly basis
- Act as the first point of reference for any questions from agents
- Provide frequent performance feedback to agents; motivate when there is a need to improve, reward when it is deserved
- Conduct weekly 1:1s focused on performance & development
- Conduct quality assessments for team members to ensure high quality customer interactions
- Motivate team to meet & exceed individual and departmental KPIs
- Be able to have constructive conversations & maintain complete confidentiality when necessary
- Assist with new hire training and ongoing training for the team to ensure consistent processes and customer interactions are of the highest quality
What you should have:
- 1-3 years of Team Leadership Experience
- 3+ Years of Customer Facing Experience, particularly in a retail and/or tech environment
- BA/BS degree required
- Flexible schedule including weekend, evening and holiday coverage.
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and weekly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!