PRODUCT TYPE EXPERT RESEARCHER
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
- A passionate product person - You love researching products and brands
- Obsessed with details - You notice every detail and love to be super organized.
- A rockstar documentarian - You feel a rush of joy when you write something crystal clear and concise
- An independent worker - Love getting stuff done independently
- A spreadsheet junky (well at least a little bit) - Proficient in Microsoft Excel
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our Merchandising Team to build unique product recommendations
- Conduct extensive research on products and brands, specific trends, and newly released items to delight our customers
- Identify and define the attributes (eg “BPA-free”) that are important to our customer when purchasing specific product types
- Complete a research matrix template in Excel for each assigned product type including product details, variant identification, and attributes
- Receive and action feedback from our Merchandising Team
- Maintain documentation of research process for each product type
- Review product descriptions developed by copywriters for content and tone