PRODUCT TYPE RESEARCHER
Code Eight is making everyday shopping magical with a highly personalized shopping experience that brings the relationship back to retail and optimizes it for the digital world. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us as we have fun delighting customers, changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
You will make sure we are as smart as possible with our funding in order to make magic happen for our customers. They will partner will all areas of the organization to develop plans and manage spending in a way that aligns with our priorities and vision for growth.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job
- A passionate product person: You love researching products and brands
- Obsessed with details: You notice every detail and love to be super organized.
- A rockstar documentarian: You feel a rush of joy when you write something crystal clear and concise
- An independent worker: Love getting stuff done independently
- A spreadsheet junky (well at least a little bit): Proficient in Microsoft Excel
What you'll do
- Collaborate with our Merchandising Team to build unique product recommendations
- Conduct extensive research on products and brands, specific trends, and newly released items to delight our customers
- Identify and define the attributes (eg “BPA-free”) that are important to our customer when purchasing specific product types
- Complete a research matrix template in Excel for each assigned product type including product details, variant identification, and attributes
- Receive and action feedback from our Merchandising Team
- Maintain documentation of research process for each product type
- Review product descriptions developed by copywriters for content and tone
Pay, perks & such
At Code Eight, we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, a 401K plan and pre-tax commuter benefits. Of course, we also have start up perks like snacks, fun events, fitness reimbursement, and a great downtown NYC-based office. We host bi-weekly lunch ‘n learns and all hands meetings. We are a start-up without the typical risk profile of most startups - we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. We are proud to raise the bar so you can too!
Come join us!